The Supreme 3S Skate is offered in our new Performance Fit System and it’s designed for the skilled player who wants added comfort. It features a 3D Lasted Flex Composite Boot that’s lightweight and easier to flex. Combined with a Pro TPU outsole, it offers additional stiffness in the lower portion of the skate, delivering more straight line speed.
The boot also has a power cut which offers increased wrap for optimal foot stability and a more powerful stride. A Pro 48 ounce Felt Tongue with injected metatarsal guard compresses and releases energy, offering forward flex and comfort. The skate features a high grade LS+ stainless steel blade equipped with increased height AND Bauer's Power Profile*, which helps the player maintain speed and a more aggressive stride. With a Flex Rating of 70, it also offers a great level of support and stability for the player. Also, in the Junior sizing, we’ve incorporated Motion Flex, a fibre composite boot, which helps a younger player get into the proper “knees over toes” position while still offering outstanding support.
*Bauer’s Power Profile
- Bauer’s Power Profile is a 4 Zoned Radii, known as a Quad profile. The blade shape is designed with 4 zones uniquely placed and designed for specific performance improvements during all types of edge work.
- The first zone, located near the toe of the runner, is shaped to maximise acceleration. As the player begins their stride, the weight shifts over the top of the toes for the initial drive into the ice, utilising a 6 inch radius.
- The second zone, known as the transition zone, sits on a 9 inch radius, which helps transition the players stride from rapid acceleration to measured, longer striding. The centre of gravity shifts slightly back from the Acceleration stride.
- The third zone, is the speed zone. Leveraging an 11 inch radius, the player is now maximising their blade to ice contact for an efficient power transfer and straight line speed.
- The final zone, towards the heel of the blade, is the stability zone. This area holds the longest radius with 13 inches to provide balance as players shift between their edges when pivoting and absorbing contact.